SCEDA will post economic development job opportunities on the website for a period of 30 days. Please email your job posting to email@example.com (text only, no graphics).
President/CEO Upstate SC Alliance
Posting date: December 3, 2013
Closing date: December 31, 2013
About the Upstate SC Alliance:
The Upstate SC Alliance, which was formed in 2000, is charged with marketing and branding the Upstate of South Carolina for global business recruitment. It receives funding from member counties and cities as well as private investors in the Upstate business community. Its private-sector investors total more than 170 companies and organizations. Additional information is available through the Alliance’s website, www.upstateSCalliance.com.
The Upstate SC Alliance is currently seeking a President/CEO. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) serves the lead role in guiding the marketing and business development strategies of Upstate SC Alliance and in building consensus/relationships among key corporate decision makers and Alliance stakeholders, including but not limited to private sector investors, elected officials, local and state economic developers. As the chief fundraiser, the CEO oversees fundraising activities to meet Upstate SC Alliance goals. Serving as a member of the Board of Directors, the CEO facilitates the building of strong relationships while coordinating efforts between the organization and the board to ensure successful and cooperative results and achievements. The CEO oversees all aspects of Upstate SC Alliance operations, setting the tone and expectations for performance and financial results within the organization.
• Overseeing execution of Upstate SC Alliance mission.
• Promotion of and fundraising for the Upstate SC Alliance.
• Consensus building among Board and allies.
• Overseeing operations and management.
Minimum qualifications for consideration:
• Minimum of 8 years of related experience with minimum of 2 years of executive leadership.
• Experience and/or knowledge of economic development and its players.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business or a related field.
• Proven success in fundraising.
• Strong community relations and political effectiveness skills.
• Ability to build, develop and motivate strong, effective teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Strong ability to present and communicate with all audiences.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proven experience managing company financials.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Integrity in all aspects of business and employee relations situations.
• Ability to manage change positively and effectively.
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25%.
In addition, ideal candidates will have:
• Experience in public relations or public affairs.
• Sales and marketing experience.
• Experience in working with a Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), prefer experience with Salesforce.
• Master’s degree or related certifications.
To be considered for the position, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience in core responsibilities and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, visits to the office or emails to Upstate SC Alliance staff members.
The Upstate SC Alliance is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regards to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.