Candidates Seeking the SC Certified Economic Developer Certification (SCCED)
Those seeking certification status must first submit their application and resume to the SCCED Selection Committee for Consideration and approval. Once approved, the individual must successfully complete the SC Economic Developers' Advanced Symposium. Sessions begin October 23-24, 2018, in Lake City, South Carolina.
Pre-qualifying requirements include:
- Current SCEDA member,
- A majority of daily job responsibilities committed to economic development activities, and
- A minimum of:
- five (5) years of experience in economic development;
- four (4) years experience and completion of SCEDI/BEDC*;
- a minimum of three (3) year of experience in economic development with certificate from EDI*; or
- a university degree in economic development.
*Completion within the past five (5) years.
The Advance Symposium application deadline for those seeking the SCCED designation for the 2018-19 class is August 17, 2018. Please fill out the application below to apply for the 2018-19 Advanced Symposium class.
2018-19 Advanced Symposium Application Form
Please note, after initial SCCED certification, SCCEDs must re-certify every three years in order to maintain their status. Please click here to review the current SCCED Re-certification Guidelines.