2020 SCEDA Annual Conference Cancelled
Your SCEDA Executive Committee, with input and guidance from the SCEDA Annual Conference Committee, have made the difficult decision to cancel the SCEDA Annual Conference scheduled for August 26-28, 2020. Though we are disheartened that we will be unable to meet in-person due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in South Carolina, SCEDA felt this move is the right one in order to keep our members, their families, and their communities safe.
Here is what you need to know regarding the cancellation of the SCEDA Annual Conference:
- Conference registrations will be canceled by SCEDA. You do not need to cancel your conference registration. If you have an open invoice, that invoice will be voided. If you have already paid, your registration will be credited back to the payment method used when you placed your registration. Please be patient as we work through all the refunds. If you do not get your refund within 2-3 weeks, please email email@example.com.
- Annual Sponsors who registered for the Annual Conference will be credited the discounted registration rate to be used at a future SCEDA event.
- Hotel reservations will be canceled automatically by the hotel. If you booked within the SCEDA Annual Conference Hotel Block, you do not need to cancel your hotel reservation.
- If you signed up for an optional activity during the SCEDA Annual Conference, that registration will be canceled along with your conference registration. You do not need to cancel that registration.
- SCEDA will hold a “Virtual” Annual Meeting in the coming weeks to present the 2020-2021 Slate of Officers and conduct a membership vote to install the new board of directors.Be on the lookout for an email with information on that upcoming abbreviated SCEDA Virtual Annual Meeting.
- If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to schedule and be able to meet with you in-person at an event later in the year. Until then, we greatly miss seeing, laughing and networking with you, our SCEDA members.
Stay healthy! We hope to get to see you soon.
Richard Blackwell, SCCED, President-Elect
SCEDA Annual Conference Committee Chair