- About SCEDA
- Public Policy
SCEDA will post economic development job opportunities on the website for a period of 30 days. Please email your job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org (text only, no graphics).
Marketing & Investor Relations Manager – Dorchester County Economic Development
Salary: $51,815.00 - $64,768.00 Annually
The purpose of this position is to plan, develop and implement marketing strategies and communications that support the overall objectives and goals for Dorchester County Economic Development; to work hand in hand with all organization staff and economic development allies in order to execute marketing efforts that support and facilitate new business and economic development, as well as support the vitality of existing industry; spearhead the development and implementation of support collateral and services in the area of marketing, communications and public relations at the strategic and tactical levels; implement and execute public awareness programs to communicate results both externally and internally.
Assists the Director of Economic Development in the development, budgeting, comprehensive and long-term planning, organization and implementation of marketing strategies and marketing communications and directing marketing activities to facilitate the business and economic development of Dorchester County; to research and provide requested assistance and information packages regarding development activities; to maintain agency website and all in-house databases; and to perform related professional, technical and administrative work as required. This class works within broad policy and organizational guidelines and does independent planning and implementation, reporting progress of major activities through periodic conferences and meetings.
· Assists in developing and implementing public awareness and marketing efforts designed to support economic development programs.
· Develops and prepares statistical and general information packages for use by industrial prospects, including information on financing, sites, labor market, education and training.
· Makes arrangements and itineraries for County visits including but not limited to; Fam tours, trips and meetings for prospective clients and/or representatives of clients, and allies.
· Plans, develops and maintains effective marketing tools, including brochures, videos and corporate gifts for prospects.
· Communicates with prospects and provides requested assistance and information.
· Assists in coordinating economic development activities between agencies, chambers of commerce, the S.C. Department of Commerce, Charleston Regional Development Alliance, and other entities interested in the economic development of the area.
· Plans and manages content for the agency's website; markets the website locally and globally.
· Prepares news releases, arranges media appearances, and presents programs about development plans to various community, industry and civic groups.
· Represents the department and County at various meetings.
· Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance the organization's mission and position within the marketplace and the community.
· Facilitate internal and external communications.
· Develop, direct and/or manage the organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications and other content.
· Ensure articulation of organization's overall desired image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
· Develop, direct and/or manage the editorial, design, production and final presentation of all collateral, publications and materials, such as target industry flyers, customized maps, presentation materials, brochures, graphs, charts, etc.
· Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
· Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Director and Board.
· Recommend short- and long-term organization goals and objectives to the Director.
· Develop, implement and monitor email campaigns and/or newsletters to targeted audiences (i.e. local community, regionally, and internationally to support trade missions.)
· Keep informed of and identify opportunities to showcase Dorchester County economic development efforts in locally, regionally and internationally. (i.e. local news/radio, regional ally publications, national and international trade publications)
· Maintains investor database and regular correspondence.
· Aligns investor engagement strategy with goals of organization, meeting and promoting performance benchmarks.
· Plans an executes Annual Meeting and other special events.
· Manages correspondence with investors through email, phone, and regular updates.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economic Development or related field, Master's preferred.
Basic Economic Development School preferred.
Requires at least 3 years of professional experience in marketing or economic development.
· Knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities
· Skills to implement creative, strategic, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience creating, overseeing and executing the design and production of electronic, prints materials and publications
· Experience is using design software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Knowledge of website platforms
· Knowledge of CRM database
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams
· Strong oral and written communications skills
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.